To advertise your job vacancy, email jobs<at>sla.org.uk. A job listing costs £100 +VAT (VAT free for registered charities), invoiced to your school.
Assistant Librarian (Acquisitions) - October 2016 start
Four schools, one world-class education
Founded in 1967 to serve the needs of global and local families, ACS International Schools now educate 3,700 students, aged 2 to 18, day and boarding, representing more than 100 nationalities from local and globally mobile families. Our schools – 3 in the UK and 1 in Doha, Qatar (opened in 2011) – are all non-sectarian and co-educational.
ACS Cobham International School is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Librarian (Acquisitions). Reporting directly to the High School Librarian and working in liaison with Heads of Departments, this position will manage the provision of textbooks (online and paper-based), online subscriptions and general library acquisitions for the High School (14-18 year olds).
You must have:
· A recognized CILIP qualification or equivalent experience
· Experience of Procurement and Management of physical and electronic library resources
· A strong commitment to the delivery of high quality customer services
· Experience of working in a library service
· Excellent IT skills and a thorough knowledge of Library Management Systems
· Based at ACS Cobham campus in Surrey, with its outstanding facilities.
· Full time, Term time plus 10 additional days each academic year
· Core hours will be Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30
· Role starts in October 2016
In return, ACS will offer you an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work with leading educational professionals.
If you would like to be a part of our world, please send your CV to
Closing date for applications - 26th August 2016
ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are therefore subject to an enhanced DBS check.