24 February 2020 Share
Want to build empathy in your school? EmpathyLab CPD training day
Want to build empathy in your school? EmpathyLab's next CPD training day is on 27 March 2020. It will be held at The Faculty of Education at The University of Cambridge and will lay the foundations for schools' and libraries' empathy strategies and work towards a major celebration of Empathy Day, 9 June 2020.
Join teachers like @jonnybid and librarians like @sarahmears10 in this new initiative. SLA members get a discount on the training day!
You will learn about
• The different elements of empathy and its educational importance
• The research showing how books and book-talk can build empathy
• How schools and libraries are achieving their development priorities by integrating work on empathy with literacy and reading for pleasure
• How to teach children about empathy, and develop their empathy skills and social activism
• Which books are good for empathy-focused work, and why.Read More