St Christopher’s School, London
Hampstead, NW3 5AE
Closing Date : 03/11/2020
St Christopher’s wishes to appoint a part-time librarian (0.8) four days per week, term-time only, to start in January 2021.
The successful candidate will inspire a love of reading and literacy and plan and deliver a programme of events and author visits that promote reading.
The post-holder will report to the Head of English and will be comfortable working with staff and pupils alike. The librarian is responsible for maintaining the school library and for compiling the annual school magazine. The librarian will work closely with pupils to support literacy within the teaching progamme.
£28,000 + (pro-rata) Dependent on qualifications and experience
St Christopher’s offers
• Friendly staff team
• Excellent location in Hampstead
• Competitive salary package
• Free school lunches during term-time
• Pension scheme
Key attributes for the applicant
• Experience of working with primary school aged children preferably in an educational environment
• Enjoyment of working with children
• Enthusiasm for literature and reading resources
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
• Commitment to diversity and working within the community
• Relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role
All applications to be received by Tuesday 3 November by 8am
Week commencing 9 November 2020
Interviews will be conducted on site
The School is committed to safeguarding children within its welfare.
The appointment is subject to at least two satisfactory references, receipt of Enhanced DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] disclosure, verification of identity and qualifications, satisfactory medical fitness and evidence of the right to work in the UK. Additional overseas checks will be required for candidates who have lived or worked outside the UK.
St Christopher’s School adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). We will obtain information about you including any criminal convictions you may have. All information will be kept confidential and it will only be used to process your application. If your application is unsuccessful, all your information will be deleted from our systems and disposed of in a secure manner.
The School is an equal opportunities employer.