Earlybird discount deadline: Thursday 17th October. Prices quoted will increase by £15 after this date.
A second place discount of £35.00 will be applied for delegates accompanying a full paying individual from the same school (please contact the SLA office for a discount code)
At each stage of education the provider prepares learners
for future success in their next steps.
– Ofsted, Sep 2019 Framework, point 28.
form students may be aspiring to apprenticeships, technical qualifications or
higher education. However the learning environment of the sixth form is very
different to the lower school and students have to learn to adopt independent
learning practices and manage their time more effectively. There are new skills
to develop in critical thinking, digital, media and information literacy. This
transition also places pressure on the mental health and wellbeing of students.
All of these changes mean that the 6th form librarian has to
accommodate a different skill set and provide a service and resources more
suited to individual student needs. This course will cover the issues
This course will enable you to:
* Consider the range of resources needed to support teaching and learning in the sixth form with reference to the requirements of the curriculum and exam syllabi
* Learn some exercises for supporting critical thinking, digital, media and information literacy and to understand why this is important
* Be prepared for helping students in academic writing, personal statements and CVs
* Be aware of behavioural issues and how to provide an atmosphere conducive to learning.
Sarah Pavey MSc FCLIP