Earlybird discount deadline: Tuesday 24th March. Prices quoted will increase by £15 after this date.
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th May
A second place discount of £35.00 will be applied for delegates accompanying a full paying individual from the same school (please contact the SLA office for a discount code)
At each stage of education the provider prepares learners for future success in their next steps.
– Ofsted, Sep 2019 Framework, point 28.
Sixth form students may be aspiring to apprenticeships,
technical qualifications or higher education. However the learning environment
of the sixth form is very different to the lower school and students have to
learn to adopt independent learning practices and manage their time more
effectively. There are new skills to develop in critical thinking, digital,
media and information literacy. This transition also places pressure on the
mental health and wellbeing of students. All of these changes mean that the 6th
form librarian has to accommodate a different skill set and provide a service and
resources more suited to individual student needs. This course will cover the
This course will enable you to:
* Consider the range of resources needed to support teaching and learning in the sixth form with reference to the requirements of the curriculum and exam syllabi
* Learn some exercises for supporting critical thinking, digital, media and information literacy and to understand why this is important
* Be prepared for helping students in academic writing, personal statements and CVs
* Be aware of behavioural issues and how to provide an atmosphere conducive to learning.
Sarah Pavey MSc FCLIP