The session will make sure that your stories both motivate pupils to read, and show them the pleasure they can get from it. It will build confidence and give fresh inspiration for everyone, featuring picture books for older children, and learning stories from memory. There’ll be down-to-earth advice (for both novices and confident storytellers) from an internationally-experienced storyteller: choosing stories that work; making them interactive; holding children’s interest; along with sure-fire book recommendations. You’ll hear Alec telling stories, including a simple folktale which everyone can remember – try it out on an unsuspecting family member later tonight! There’ll be information sheets with more ideas and information, and if you practice the storytelling you learn, afterwards, there’ll be follow-up support from the webinar leader. An entertaining session that will give everyone’s storytelling a lift!
This lively webinar follows on from Alec’s April session on picture book storytelling, this time focusing on stories for older primary children, and for secondary students.
The webinar will cover:
- Choosing stories that tell/read well
- Practice in using stories from memory
- Adding poetry, riddles, etc,
Participants will learn:
- How to prepare stories, and use their voice
- How to make stories interactive
- Practical tips from an internationally-experienced storyteller
- Sure-fire story ideas that will work in every classroom
- How to hold children’s interest, and deal with interruptions!
Participants will leave with:
- Information sheets packed with more ideas
- Recommendations from both trainer and other listeners
- Post-course support from the webinar leader
- Fresh confidence and re-charged batteries!