The School Library Association offers a wide range of online and in-person training to enhance the personal and professional development of everyone who works in school libraries.
All prices are inc-VAT (schools can claim back the VAT making the courses 20% cheaper!).
SLA members receive a substantial discount – do check that you are logged in to see member prices.
With thanks to our Training Programme Partner ClickView
Our programme of specialist courses can be completed at a time which suits you, and are written especially for the SLA. These courses are completely online and you have flexible access for two years, so you can refer back if needed. All successful completions receive a certification of participation.
Please note: our regional training programme is currently suspended during the Covid-19 crisis.
One-day and half-day courses at venues throughout the country, led by experienced trainers.
Accessible versions of our successful series of webinars.
£24 (SLA Members £18.00) inc. VAT
Full details and online booking available soon.
Included with SLA membership are:
• Online CPD: Where, How, When
• Representation for All: Diverse Books for Children – supported by Lexplore
• The Right Book for the Right Reader at the Right Time
• Wellbeing and Reading: What does the Research Say? – in conjunction with Bounce Together
Our comprehensive rolling programme of live virtual web training.
Recent topics have included:
• Instagram In Depth – Bev Humphrey
• Graphic Novels for Secondary Schools – Dr Mel Gibson
• Library Design – Catherine Millar
• Summer Reading Silliness
• What Works for Me – Ros Harding, School Librarian of the Year 2019.
Our popular Weekend Course runs in June every year.
The Weekend Course 2021 has a working title of "Leading School Libraries: Library, School, Sector" and you can find out more on the Leading School Libraries page.